|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||UR applicants only|
|Program Type:||Exchange / Direct Enroll||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence hall or dormitory|
|About the Program||Accommodations|
|Eligibility||Dates and Costs|
- Founded in 1885, Yonsei is one of the oldest private universities in Korea
- Considered one of the most beautiful campuses in the world
- Many courses in English offered in subjects such as art history, Asian studies, business, communication, computer science, economics, history, international studies, law, mathematics, political science, philosophy, religion, sciences, sociology
- Well known and respected international program with hundreds of U.S. and other international students.
- Buddy Program offered for new students
- Richmond students will take beginning Korean language course at Yonsei. Students who speak Korean can take intermediate and advanced Korean language courses as well as courses with Yonsei local students.
- Richmond students can study at Yonsei for the fall, spring or year
- Over 34,000 undergraduate students study at Yonsei, which is conveniently located about 20 minutes from downtown Seoul.
- Seoul is the heart of Korea, an important strategic country for the United States and countries around the world.
- As the capital of Korea, Seoul offers many attractions. In addition to the economic and political importance of this city, Seoul offers abundant cultural sights and events such as palaces, temples, parks, museums, shopping districts and traditional arts events.
For more information about Korea and Seoul, please follow these links http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/~ysid/
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university to study abroad. When reviewing applications for approval, disciplinary records will be taken into consideration and students must be cleared by the Dean’s office to study abroad. Students on conduct probation will not be able to study abroad if they are on conduct probation that does not expire prior to the start date of the semester abroad program.
- Cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 is preferred.
- Applicants are encouraged to have taken at least one course in Asian studies prior to departure.
- If you are of Korean heritage, Note for Korean Heritage Students.pdf to read some important information about South Korean immigration laws.
Students with Korean language ability can choose from over 1,000 courses offered in Korean each semester at Yonsei. Only business majors may take courses in the School of Business and College of Business & Economics and they are restricted to a maximum of three business or economics courses per semester.
Syllabi can be located by clicking “Course Catalogue & Syllabus: Undergraduate & Graduate” menu on the left of the following webpage http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp
Most classes are three semester credits each. Click here for more information on grading at Yonsei.
Most students have lived on campus in the SK Global and I-House dorms. Mostly double rooms are available, but some single rooms also. Click here for more details.
Click Yonsei 16-17.doc to see dates and cost information.
Students are required to apply for a D-2 student visa prior to departure. Do this early! For more information, please visit the Korean government website. Additional information about visas and be found on the Yonsei web site.
For more information
Michele Cox in the Office of International Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Vincent Wang in the political science department.
For more information, contact Michele Cox in the Office of International Education.
This document represents the most accurate information available at the time of publication. Statements contained herein are not contractual obligations, and verbal or other representations that are inconsistent with or not contained within the document are not binding. The University of Richmond reserves the right to change without specific notice programs and the conditions under which they are offered.