Direct Deposit - Getting your reimbursements faster
If you are signed up for Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable, it doesn't matter if you're right here on campus or 6,000 miles away, you'll still get your reimbursement funds directly deposited into the U.S. bank account of your choice.
Otherwise, it will take several weeks before you receive your reimbursement because a check must be mailed to you.
NOTE: You MUST be signed up for direct deposit with Accounts Payable -- not Payroll -- in order to receive reimbursements electronically.
For more details about direct deposit, please read the Direct Deposit FAQ below.
How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
NOTE: The following steps are only available during the semester and/or when you are ON CAMPUS. If it is summer break and/or you are off-campus (in the U.S. or abroad), then please contact Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Be sure to include your 8-digit URID number.
1. Log into BannerWeb at https://bannerweb.richmond.edu
2. On the Main Menu page, click the Manage and Sign Up for Direct Deposit link
3. On the next page that appears, click the Manage and Sign Up for Direct Deposit link again
4. On the next page that appears, go to the Accounts Payable Deposit section at the bottom
5. Click Add New, then follow the instructions to provide your U.S. bank's routing number and account number (Not sure where to find these numbers on your checks? Look at these check samples.)
6. Check the box next to "By checking this box, I authorize the institution to initiate direct credits or debits on my behalf"
7. Click Save. In a few days your direct deposit will be set up.
DIRECT DEPOSIT FAQ
How can I find out if I'm already signed up for Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable?
Follow Steps 1-4 above. If you are signed up for Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable, you will see your bank account information in the Accounts Payable Deposit section at the bottom of that page.
Can I sign up for Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable with a foreign (non-U.S.) bank account?
No, only U.S. bank accounts can be used for Direct Deposit.
Now that I have Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable, how will I be notified when the money has been deposited to my account?
You will receive a direct deposit "advice" (memo) emailed to your University email account.
Although I am signed up for Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable, I would actually prefer to be reimbursed for this by check. Is this possible?
No, it's not. If you are signed up for Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable, then that is the only way you will receive your reimbursements. The only way around that is to delete your Direct Deposit with Accounts Payable prior to submitting your reimbursement request, which you can do on BannerWeb.
How long does my Direct Deposit authorization stay active?
Your direct deposit authorization will stay in effect until you cancel it in writing with Accounts Payable.
I have another question about Direct Deposit which is not listed here.
Please contact email@example.com for assistance. Be sure to include your 8-digit URID number.
Questions about study abroad reimbursements?