|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||Exchange / Direct Enroll||Minimum GPA:||3|
|Language of Instruction:||English, French||Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence hall or dormitory|
|About the Program||Accommodations|
|Eligibility||Dates and Costs|
October 2011: ESSEC Business school has been ranked number 1 in the national ranking of French 4-year undergraduate business schools by the periodical “L’Etudiant”. Click here for more information.
- Prestigious 4-year undergraduate international business school
- First business school outside of the United States and Canada to be accredited by the International Association for Management Education
- About 90-100 international students each year
- Campus surrounded by institutions of higher learning, businesses, and banks
- Click EPSCI/ESSEC fact sheet for more information on the institution
- Click here for insight on student life at ESSEC
About the city
- Cergy-Pontoise is a modern city (pop. 185,000) about 35 minutes north west of Paris.
Must be a business major or minor
Overall GPA of 3.00
French GPA of 3.00
- Course in business French recommended but not required
Participation may be denied, or acceptance may be revoked, if a student's conduct prior to departure raises doubts as to his or her suitability for the program.
- ESSEC offers courses in accounting, marketing, information technology, international business, area studies and foreign languages.
- Most courses are taught in French, but students can take certain courses in English as well.
- ESSEC uses the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). You are required to take 24 to 30 ECTS credits per semester. To convert to UR credits, divide number of ECTS by 7 and round up to the nearest tenth of a unit.
- Please see this page on the website of the Registrar for an explanation of how academic credit earned abroad is converted to UR units.
Consult this link to get an idea of the courses that are likely to be offered next year.
ESSEC uses the French grading scale of 0 - 20, in which 10 is the minimum passing mark. UR converts ESSEC grades as follows.
16 - 20 A+ 14 - 15.99 A 12 - 13.99 B+ 11 - 11.99 B 10 - 10.99 C 7 - 9.99 D (no UR credit) 0 - 7 F (no UR credit)
- Residence halls operated by ALEGESSEC, the student housing association, located off-campus, but owned and run by Groupe ESSEC
- All halls self-catering (students prepare own meals in shared kitchen facilities); on-campus cafeteria also available
- Many restaurants in Cergy-Pontoise, catering to wide range of tastes and budgets
Click here for ESSECs accommodations site
Click here for Dates and Costs for ESSEC.
NOTE: Travel allowances, reimbursements, health insurance premiums and other payments above tuition costs paid by Richmond on behalf of its semester and year abroad students are available only to Richmond degree-seeking students accepted to participate on UR-affiliated abroad programs.
The first step is online registration with an organization called “Campus France”.
Then you complete the visa application forms found online at the website of the appropriate Consulate General of France.
After this, you must make an appointment (several weeks in advance) at the appropriate French embassy or consulate to submit your visa application materials in person.
Once in France, you will apply for a residency permit, which is the final validation of your permission to study there.
Contact Chris Klein in the Office of International Education.
This document represents the most accurate information available at the time of publication. Statements contained herein are not contractual obligations, and verbal or other representations that are inconsistent with or not contained within the document are not binding. The University of Richmond reserves the right to change without specific notice programs and the conditions under which they are offered.